- Tiger Woods commits to the Memorial and the British Open
- Phil Mickelson misses the cut at the Colonial
- Bryce Molder has a 1-stroke lead going into the 3rd round of the Colonial
- Fred Couples leads the Senior PGA Championship by 1 stroke
- Vijay Singh drops out of the world ranking top 50
- Sergio Garcia misses first cut in six years on the European Tour
The Golf Channel is reporting that Tiger Woods will return to tournament play next week at the Memorial Tournament. Tiger’s last tournament ended with him withdrawing on the seventh hole of the final round at the Players Championship early this month.
Tiger won the Memorial Tournament last year, edging out Jim Furyk by one stroke. He has until Friday at 5:00 pm to officially commit to this tournament
22 year old Jason Day won the Byron Nelson today giving him is first PGA Tour victory. In the same tournament, Jordan Spieth, was the third youngest player to ever make a PGA Tour cut. The 16 year old, made a bid to become the youngest player to ever winner PGA Tour event but it fell short when he double bogied the 15th. At one point, he was within three strokes of the lead.
Earlier this month, Rory Mcllroy, won the Quail Hollow Championship, two days shy of his 21st birthday. Anthony Kim already has three PGA Tour victories and he’s not even 25 yet.
The upcoming years should be very exciting with all of this great young talent.