A GREAT YEAR . . . HOW TIME FLIES
One year ago this month, I joined LocalGolfer as a new writer on staff. It was a great opportunity given to me and one I’ll always be grateful for. I mean, what a dream job . . . to get to write about the sport I’ve always loved, GOLF, for a growing and prospering website!
Growing and prospering, because in August 2013, golfers were visiting thelocalgolfer.com to find out about golf courses, write personal reviews of courses, and read course reviews from other members. The numbers for site visits (“clicks”) in 2013 were good, but looking back, the potential for future growth now seems obvious.
A year later, in August 2014, thelocalgolfer.com has now transformed itself into a site where golfers are visiting regularly, to not only read about and review golf courses, but also to read articles about amateur golf, professional golf, and the current topics affecting the world of golf. Golfers are now visiting the site more often and in greater numbers than ever before. THANK YOU!
Here’s a look at just a few of the numbers highlighting LocalGolfer’s successful year.
Since August 2013:
- LocalGolfer.com’s membership growth is up 16% to over 12,000 members.
- Big increases in site traffic, with a jump of 22% in the western United States alone.
However, www.thelocalgolfer.com is not just about tracking “clicks” or visits to the website. No, our priority is to provide you, the golfer, a reason to visit the website. Over the past year, we’ve dedicated ourselves to improving the way in which we present articles and information to the golfer. We’ve worked on our site layout, have incorporated better graphics, and have focused on providing interesting and high-quality writing on the latest topics in golf.
We will continue to strive to provide you all the best in in 2014 and beyond.
HIGHLIGHTS & MY LAST YEAR OF ARTICLES
From a personal perspective, this has been a great year in golf to write about. I have written almost 60 articles for the site in the past year, ranging from my first article discussing the 2013 Solheim Cup, all the way through to the 2014 PGA Championship. Below are my most “clicked” on articles from the past year. The subjects vary widely, but hopefully one or two sparked some interest, debate, and/or provided some enjoyment along the way.
Feel free to click on any (or all) of the articles and re-visit the topic, or enjoy them as a first read if you haven’t seen them yet.
Thank you once again, from www.thelocalgolfer.com for helping us to continue to grow YOUR website.
- A brief history of golf and the answers to some of golf’s most interesting questions *Why - “Fore”, “14-clubs” and more.
- A look at the reasons Golf is quickly becoming an isolated sport in America . . . but why we shouldn’t lose hope.
- It’s smart to know the basics when that awkward moment comes your way.
- Striker Golf GPS – Not just another golf app for your phone!
- Three types of Golf’s “Experts” we all come in contact with on and off the course.
- Why does Tiger always seem to be the story?
- A look at the beginning of a promising 2014 for Sergio Garcia.
- Rory McIlroy takes time with fans over Twitter during a flight delay.
- Michelle Wie wins the 2014 U.S. Women’s Open!
- Country versus Country: Eight Teams started, Team Spain “Crowned” Champions after 4-days of stellar golf!
- Rory McIlroy is now on the larger radar of the sports and news world as “Golf’s Next Superstar!” . . . “Welcome to the Conversation.”
Editor’s Note: Our motto, “Serving golfers with the best—Above all the rest,” is the driving force behind what we do. Keith Cook embodies that motto. When we say, “Find only the best” at LocalGolfer.com, whether it’s looking up a course, reading a course review by real golfers, like you, keeping a handicap, booking tee times, or commenting about what you see and read on the site, we strive to give it our all for our members each and every day. Please let us know how we are doing with a comment in the comments section, or writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We’d love to hear from you.
BIO: Keith Cook is a Writer and Contributing Editor for localgolfer.com. He is a retired 29-year US Military Veteran and Ashford University Alumnus living in Michigan. Follow Keith and Local Golfer on Twitter @_KeithCook and @LocalGolfer
Read more from Keith, Click here